On January 31st, We've been married...


...5 years!

That’s 1826 days (including 1 extra day for leap year) of love, tears, laughter, hard times, good times, buying 3 vehicles, buying our first house, and having our first child! WOW. I never knew how many changes five years could hold.




So, without further ado...

Matt, my love, my best friend,

Yes, we’ve been married for 5 years, but I’ve known you for 10! (Can you believe it has been 10 years?) I’ll never forget going to see the movie ‘Titanic’ together (that I had already seen 2 times before), asking you what time it was the WHOLE movie(with your cool watch! ha!), and leaving that day knowing something was different about you. It seems crazy, I know, with it only being the end of my 8th grade year - but something just clicked with us. And no amount of time or miles could keep us from knowing it.



April 11th, 1984 = ME!



April 16th, 1984 = YOU!



May 1st, 1998 - First time I met you, at the movie Titanic – courtesy of a mutual friend, whom I am forever in debt to, Matt McDaniel!
Man, we look young. :)



September 14th, 2002 – riding down the road in your camaro, t-tops out, you grabbed my hand and told me you didn’t want to lose me again. Me, feeling the same, agreed. Thus, began our dating…as adults.



December 28th, 2002 – you gave me a promise ring. In an absolutely HILARIOUS way, but you gave it to me. And I loved it.


February 14th, 2003 – my surprise visit! The look on your face was PRICELESS!



September 14th 2003 – one year dating anniversary – you gave me diamond earrings, and when I asked you if they made me look beautiful, you said “No, you make THEM look beautiful.” – sigh. I love you.



November 22nd, 2003 – the most amazing proposal I have ever heard of to date. (I am a little biased here, but still.) I’ll NEVER forget that day. “You just have to see the dolphins!” HA!




January 31st, 2004 – We said “I do”.





July 25th, 2005 – we closed on our FIRST house! We were so excited!





May 21st, 2007 – we found out we were pregnant. At 3am in the morning.




February 3rd, 2008 – we welcomed our first child into this world, Kaitlyn Brooke.









We’ve had some hard times, but the good times have always outweighed the bad.












I love you, Matthew. I love that you turn on the air conditioning when its 30 degrees outside. I love that you’re hungry an hour after eating a 7 course meal. I love that you always leave your plate on the table because you’re ‘not finished yet’. I love that you don’t like me to pump my own gas, or walk out of a store at night alone. I love how you want a new (different) car every week (ok, maybe not EVERY week, but most of them). I love that you trusted me enough to let me do doughnuts in your camaro when it snowed. I love that you’re protective of me. I love that you work so hard for us, just so I can stay at home with Kaitlyn. I love that you watch Jon&Kate plus 8 with me – because you know i enjoy it and you just to spend some time with me. I love that when I leave for a couple days, we both feel empty inside – things just aren’t as satisfying if you’re not experiencing them with me. I love that you love me, no matter how many times I let you down.





So, here’s to you, Matthew Todd Evans. My best friend, my love, my partner, my confident, MY HUSBAND. Thank you for always being there for me, loving me when I wasn’t loveable, helping me through some tough family issues, and being the best father to our little girl. You are truly the BEST husband any girl could ask for, and I am so thankful to God for sending you to me. There is no greater pride than saying I’m YOUR wife. Thank you for choosing me. :)

Love Always,
MTWCS,BTTW,AAF
Julie.

Comments