730 days of JOY! :)

It's the eve of my baby girl's 2nd birthday, and i have to admit i'm a little sad.


My baby...
isnt a baby anymore. :(

Pardon me while i cry a little bit.......

To my Kaitlyn Brooke,

I can't believe its been another year. It's amazing how time seems to go by so fast when you watch a baby grow. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday - and will always keep that memory so very close to my heart. You have changed so much in the course of 2 years and i still find it hard to believe that the little 7lb 13oz bundle of joy i brought home from the hospital is now a walking, talking, beautiful little girl. What a difference 2 years can make!!!
You wake up happy and talking - you never have cried out. You always want to snuggle in the mornings, most days laying your head on me and just giggling. You love to read, and every day you ask me to read to you - most of the time the same books, over and over. You love music, and are trying to sing and dance already! You love to talk and can pretty much repeat whatever we ask you to... but you still have your baby-chinese talk too. :) You love puzzles, and have them mastered in no time. You love being outside and going to the 'box' (mailbox). You are very social - saying "hiiiii" to random people we pass in the store! You are a climber and climb on everything you can... but you're also very careful and know your limitations. Your hair is getting longer but you hate to have it brushed or have a bow put in it. You still love all things 'pretty' (jewelry)... necklaces, bracelets, etc. You know most of your animals and their sounds. You know most of your colors, too! (pronounced 'wed' 'boo' 'geen' 'back' 'bown' 'yewwo' etc). You can count to ten... and most of the time it goes like this "one, two, four, six, seven, eight, nine, ten" - close enough for me! :) You have a smile that could light up the darkest night and hugs that compare to none.
I cant wait to see what the next years of your life have in store. I love watching you grow and learn everyday - you fill my heart with so much love and joy. You are such a blessing in my life.

Love you, ALWAYS,
Mommy


"here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which it dwells is worthy all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. i may see less of my friends, but i have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while i minister in Christ's name, i make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other darling had left me. yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother's heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayer! oh, how rich i am, how truly, how wondrously blest!"-katherine elliott




Comments