only TWO days left to go!!!

Two days.

TWO.DAYS.

Only two days until i'm in the OR getting to meet my sweet, sweet little baby boy for the first time.

Part of me says this pregnancy has FLOWN by... where have the last 9 months gone? Then another part of me feels like i've been pregnant forrrreeevvvveeeerrrr!! Atleast this last month of pregnancy, anyway.

And of course, my hormones are ALLLLLLLL over the place lately... and i get to thinking about everything that is about to change and i start crying. Can i love another child as much as i love my Kaitlyn? Can i manage 2 kids at the same time? How different is life going to be once i have a SON? I'm used to playing with baby dolls and barbies.... now my life is going to be filled with trucks and trains! As nervous as i am, i absolutely CAN NOT WAIT to meet this little boy. I want to know what he looks like... hold him in my arms and count his little fingers and toes... smell his sweet skin... give him all the kisses i can. God has TRULY blessed me far from what i deserve and i am so grateful.

These next two days are going to consist of loving on my little girl as much as possible... getting a few more things done around here(if i can)... and resting as much as i can. I feel SO much more confident this time around. I know its going to be hard.... the newborn stage.... but i feel like i know what to expect this time. With Kaitlyn, i had NOOOOO IDDDEEAAAA!!! I thought i did... i read a ton of books/magazines, listened to everyones advice... but NO ONE can prepare you like the true experience of bringing that tiny baby home. I had no idea how hard it was going to be. Being a mommy is a very selfLESS job. Especially if you breastfeed! That's another thing i had no clue about. I can honestly say its one of the hardest things i've ever done in my life. It's hard and takes a lot of dedication to stick with it - but if you can get past the first month or three... it gets a LOT easier. I was never one of the women who 'loved' breastfeeding - honestly, i did it SOLELY for the benefit of my child.... but when i look back, im so glad i did. I hope to be able to with this little boy as well.

Ok, i'm getting off my soapbox... here's the last survey before i have him!


*How far along? 39 weeks!!

*Total weight gain/loss: around 45-50lbs - just like i did with Kaitlyn!


*Maternity clothes? i have about 2 shirts that still fit. and i have to say i will NOT be sad to pack those bad boys away...

*Stretch marks? a couple. :(

*Sleep: ...and its been worse this week. I toss and turn alllllll night. my poor husband doesn't get much rest because of me either.

*Best moment this week: getting to see my sister... getting ready to have this baby... loving on my baby girl a little more than usual.

*Movement: yep! he's going to be an active little one.

*Food cravings: ehhhh... nothing really. anything sweet ;)

*Gender: boy! :)

*Name: got it, will announce when we feel ready! :)

*Labor Signs: LOTS of pain and pressure... contractions more and more here lately.

*Belly Button in or out? out. :(

*What I miss: everything about not being pregnant... sleeping on my tummy, actually, just sleep in general.

*Weekly Wisdom: LAST TWO DAYS!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Comments