Give me a FIVE! :)


She's 5?!

According to her birth records, this is true... otherwise, i would be in complete denial.




Goodness gracious - it seems like it was just yesterday the sweetest, most perfect little baby girl (who got a rare 10 out of 10 APGAR) was laying on my chest in the hospital.

**Just a little tid-bit of info... she is our 'Super Bowl Sunday' baby (2/3/08 - Giants vs. Patriots, Giants won!)... and this year, her birthday is on Super Bowl Sunday again! :)**


Kaitlyn, 18months.

Five just seems so much bigger and older than four. :( Especially since according to her, 5 is HUGE. "I'll do that when i'm five"... "Mommy, when i turn 5, can i...?" "Am i 5 yet?"

And then the oh so dreaded......."Mommy, when i'm FIVE i get to go to.... KINDERGARTEN."

Cue the tears now.



 -She loves to play Barbies and Princesses... and we play them... every. day.  This little girl has a huge imagination and could play them for hours.

-She can say and write all of her ABC's and count to 100 with no problem. She can even do some simple addition/subtraction math... (the math gene must come from her daddy, definitely NOT me!) We have also started working on some sight words... she gets so excited when she can "read it herself"! 

-She is without a doubt, a very strong-willed little girl - which has brought me to my knees in desperation numerous times. The Lord is trying to teach us both something through this, i'm certain. But having a strong will CAN be a good trait! 




-She loves to sing... just like her "Aunt Maime"! (Let's just hope she sounds like her Aunt and not her mother!) ;)

-She is asking a lot of questions about heaven and Jesus... planting the seeds and praying for her heart. Makes me giddy inside. She's getting it!




-She is just now starting to realize that with food allergies, she is a little 'different'. She wants the cakes at birthday parties - and reluctantly eats her oreos instead. It kills me... but i know that God has a special plan for her. And i'm choosing to be thankful that we're not sitting in a hospital somewhere with cancer or something worse. Things can always be worse. She is healthy and growing, and i am grateful.



-As much as she beats up on her little brother, it is so very evident that she LOVES him! And he is all about her! They are really starting to play and interact more now, willingly giving hugs and kisses and it makes my mommy heart so happy!







Dear Kaitlyn Brooke,

  I cannot believe you are this big already... when you were born, everyone told me that "it goes by so quickly"... and, to be honest, it was hard to see through the sleepless nights and the millions of diapers...


But look at you now! You've grown into such a beautiful little girl. You don't need me to change your diapers anymore... now you need me in other ways. To stand back and let you make your own decisions... to teach you how important it is to be a friend.

You are definitely, without-a-doubt, the mini 'girl version' of your Daddy (and have been since birth!). And boy, does Daddy smile ear-to-ear when anyone tells him that. He is so proud of you. (We both are!)



You will start Kindergarten this fall, and to be completely honest, i will be a complete mess. You know, one of those moms who is bawling before i even get back to the car. But you? I know you are ready. You have LOVED preschool from day 1 - hardly ever looking back at me as you walked in. And that's a good thing. You have confidence. And i have confidence in you - you are going to do GREAT!


I've been with you...


everyday...


for FIVE YEARS!


I know you like the back of my hand. I know how you will react to things before they happen...


I know that you will pick me "a flower" (weed) EVERY time we play outside. You search for them the second you get out of the door, and my hands are always full of them by the time we go inside. :)


I know that you secretly hide in your closet when you're supposed to be taking a nap... and that when i have to leave the kitchen at dinner time and the cookie bag is on the table, you sneak more. :)


I know that your love language is quality time, and your face lights up when mommy takes you somewhere - just you and me.


And, i know that you are one of the most precious gifts in my life. You were the first to give me the name 'mommy', and my world has forever changed. You are wonderfully made, and I can't wait to see what this BIG next year is going to hold. 

I'll love you forever, 
I'll like you for always.
As long as i'm living, 
My baby you'll be.

Love you so much,
Mommy.



Interview with Kaitlyn - 1/24/13

What is your favorite color?: RED! 
What is your favorite toy?: My leap pad.
What is your favorite fruit?: pear and apples
What is your favorite TV show?: Team Umizoomi
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?: Crackers and fruit
What is your favorite outfit?: My red dress that Gammie gave me.
What is your favorite game?: The Princess Game
What is your favorite snack?: popcorn and fruit snacks
What is your favorite animal?: elephant
What is your favorite song?: Twinkle, Twinkle...
What is your favorite book?: Polite as a Princess and Dog and Bear
Who is your best friend?: Olivia
What is your favorite cereal?: The purple mini wheats
What is your favorite thing to do outside?: Swings/Slide
What is your favorite drink?: water
What is your favorite holiday?: Christmas!!!!!
What do you like to take to bed with you at night?: blankies
What do you like to eat for breakfast?: poptarts
What do you want for dinner on your birthday?: pizza and cake
What do you want to be when you grow up?: "a dentist and a cupcake maker"
What makes mommy happy?: When I obey....
What makes mommy sad?: If i disobey.
Who are mommy's best friends?: Me and Caleb.. (haha)
How old is mommy?: 28. 
How tall is mommy?: I dont know, like... 108 tall.
What does mommy do when you aren't around?: You keep Caleb. 
What is mommy's favorite food?: Sandwiches. (LOL! I rarely eat one.)
What do you and mommy do together?: play barbies. :)

Comments