SIX!!


...Oh, how vividly i remember 6 years ago today.

The day you made me a Mommy, I was forever changed.





I took you home, and before i knew it, you were already two months old. You had the chubbiest cheeks and the bluest eyes.






I turned around to cook dinner, and you were a walking and talking toddler. Full of life and changing so fast.







I put you down for a nap, and you woke up playing princesses, going to preschool, taking dance classes, coloring inside the lines, and learning to swing all by yourself.













                









And this past fall, i couldn't believe my eyes when i sent you off to Kindergarten. You have grown and blossomed into a beautiful, very determined, bright little girl who is, one day, going to move mountains!




My sweet K,
   You now officially have to use BOTH hands to show how old you are... how cool is that?! :) I have watched you grow so much this past year. Sending you to kindergarten was a HUGE change for all of us... but you love it, just like i knew you would. You have learned to read, very well. (I love to watch you pick up a book to read for enjoyment and listen to YOU reading ME a book now.) You are also learning a little bit more than just reading and writing in Kindergarten this year... i am also watching you learn how to be a good friend and how to deal with things like 'so and so said i wasn't their friend today'. You are learning to give, what it feels like to hurt, and to be YOU among others.

But you know what i love? I love that (even though you ARE in Kindergarten) you still want me to walk you into school each day... and if it's a day i'm walking you in - just you and me - you beg me to 'carry you in'. (And yes, i do it. I won't have this chance for long!) I love that you love school and learning new things. I love that you still have a great imagination. I love that you still get excited about the little stuff - oreo cookies, a new toothbrush, a new library book to read, or a warm day to play outside!

There are no words to tell you how much I love you. None will do it justice. You are such a blessing to our family. Happy Birthday, baby girl - we pray that you have a wonderful 6th year - and that God will protect you and make Himself known to you. Always remember He loves you far more than Mommy and Daddy ever could.







Interview with Kaitlyn - 1/25/14

What is your favorite color?: Red, pink, and purple.
What is your favorite toy?: Frozen Castle and dolls.
What is your favorite fruit?: apples and bananas.
What is your favorite movie?: FROZEN!!! (with lots of excitement)
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch/dinner? Steak.
What is your favorite outfit?: blue dress with my boots.
What is your favorite game?: Scrabble.
What is your favorite snack?: Pretzels and fruit snacks.
What is your favorite animal?: Elephant
What is your favorite song?: "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?" - Frozen
What is your favorite book?: "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie"
Who is your best friend?: Olivia!
What is your favorite cereal?: Lucky Charms!
What is your favorite thing to do outside?: Swing!!
What is your favorite drink?: water
What is your favorite holiday?: Christmas and Halloween, so i can dress up.
What do you take with you to bed at night? my blankies.
What do you like to eat for breakfast?: cinnamon rolls.
What do you want for dinner on your birthday?: PIZZA!
What do you want to be when you grow up?: A doctor... and a cupcake baker!
What makes mommy happy?: hugs and kisses :)
What makes mommy sad?: When me and Caleb fight.
Who is mommy's best friend?: umm... Mrs. Tracy?
How old is mommy?: 29.
How tall is mommy?: 18 inches. (hehe)
What does mommy do when you aren't home?: work at the house doing dishes...
What is mommy's favorite food?: spaghetti?
What do you and mommy do together?: play barbies and games.

Comments