My BIG Kindergartner!


Tomorrow morning, i will be dropping you off for your first day in Kindergarten.

My baby girl. My firstborn.

Your bookbag is packed with all of your supplies. Your new lunchbox is filled. I can remember holding you as a baby, daydreaming about this day and how we both would do.

To be honest, I can't wait to see you walk into your new school... although i know it will be through my tear-filled eyes. You are SO ready for this.

I think you are going to look so big, but yet so small to me as you walk through those doors. Do you realize this is the first day of your 'big girl life'? That for 5 years, it was me who was your playmate all day, it was me who ate lunch with you, it was me who taught you new things.... now, i'm sending you off to make new friends, to eat lunch with your classmates instead of your mommy, and to look up to other women (your teachers) with adoration and praise.

I wonder what you'll be thinking when i leave -  you won't know anyone. Not even one person. This is a new school, in a new city, with no friends from preschool. This is a big change for your little heart. Oh, how i wish i could be a fly on the wall, to watch how you do, and be there to comfort you if you're scared. But knowing you and your personality, you will be just fine. Since your first day of preschool at 2 years old, you've never cried for me - always walking in confidently and never looking back. Such a great quality to have.

But... this is where I have to let go a little more. This is where my momma-heart has to fight the urge to protect you - and let you venture out on your own.

We have done our best to prepare you for this.... Be confident in yourself tomorrow. Speak to people, be the first to say hello and smile, and try to make new friends. If you get scared, pray to Jesus - he's always listening. Eat your lunch that mommy has packed you (and you better not eat the cookies first! :P) and participate in whatever is going on in class. Know that mommy and daddy are anxiously waiting to hear all about your first day - and will most likely have tears in our eyes when we get our first hugs after we pick you up! (the 1st day of Kindergarten is a big deal for mommies and daddies, too - you know!)

We love you - and we know that you are going to do GREAT!! We are so incredibly proud of you! Knock it out of the park, baby girl! :)

Love MTWCS, BTTW, AAF.
Mommy and Daddy





Comments